Youth-Serving Organization Grants
Accepting applications now!
The Youth-Serving Organization (YSO) Grant Program will provide outstanding, Camden-led organizations with additional resources to support students.
YSO grants will provide funding to nonprofits providing direct supports to students outside of the classroom, including, for example, mentoring, mental health supports, academic tutoring, and opportunities in the arts.
Grantees must be mission-driven, have a high bar for operations, and demonstrate a commitment to being flexible and responsive to maximize impact during the pandemic.
- Teachers are nominated by students, families, peers, or school leadership: nominations in writing or by video.
- School leaders are asked to complete rubric for any nominated teachers.
- Teachers are observed by the selection committee and interviewed.
- 5 to 10 winners are selected.
1. Who is eligible for this award?
Camden-based non-profits whose mission is to support students in the areas of academics, socioemotional support, and the arts. Athletic
programs may apply if they also include a leadership or social emotional component, or the development of other transferable skills.
Additional eligibility criteria apply for grants between $10,000 and $25,000 — please see page 1 of the application for more information.
2. What grants are available?
Up to ten organizations will receive $5,000 grants. Up to five organizations will receive grants between $10,000 and $25,000. Grant funding may be used for both programmatic and operational costs.
3. What support will winners receive?
In addition to grant funding, grant recipients may opt-in to receive support in nonprofit finance and accounting, led by local accounting firm
Holmes & Company. Quarterly sessions will be offered to all grant recipients to aid their organizational development.
4. When is the deadline to apply?
The application deadline has been extended to Feb. 26, 2021. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.