The RISE Award
Students, families, and staff - nominate a teacher for the RISE award today!
This has been a daunting, unprecedented year. In the face of adversity, teachers all over Camden have worked tirelessly for their students and schools, planning on evenings and weekends, delivering lessons in person and remotely, and adapting to a changing landscape with positivity and resilience. We want to honor them!
1. Who is eligible for this award?
- Any Pre-K to 12 public school teacher in Camden (district, charter, renaissance). All grades and subjects are eligible.
- Up to 10 winners will be selected.
2. Who should I nominate for this award?
- Teachers who have persevered, delivered high-quality instruction, and build relationships with students and families throughout the pandemic.
- Teachers who (1) exemplify a growth mindset, (2) demonstrate a commitment to excellence, (3) are “doers”, (4) display integrity and humility, and (5) work towards equity in the classroom and/or school.
3. What is the selection process?
- Teachers are nominated by students, families, peers, or school leadership: nominations in writing or by video.
- School leaders are asked to complete rubric for any nominated teachers.
- Teachers are observed by the selection committee and interviewed.
- 5 to 10 winners are selected.
4. Who will select the winners?Selection will be run by a committee comprised of representatives from Camden Education Fund, New Jersey Center for Teaching and Learning, Relay Graduate School of Education, and Rowan University.
5. When is the deadline to nominate a teacher?
Nominations must be received by 5pm on February 4, 2021. Click here to nominate a teacher today!